Unable to add text translation to existing work

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
JaredFischer

Unable to add text translation to existing work

Post by JaredFischer »

Hello,

I'm new to CPDL and am trying to add a translation to the following listing: https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Dem ... es_Brahms), according to this page http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Help ... slation%3F, >>You can add a text or translation (to a work already available on CPDL) simply by opening the work's page and clicking on the link [edit] that appears to the right of "Original text and translations", then typing (or pasting) the text and saving the page.<< Does anyone know why there is no edit link on this listing and how I can add an English translation?

Thanks!

Jared
Claude_T

Re: Unable to add text translation to existing work

Post by Claude_T »

Hi, Jared,
I see in your message that a closing parenthese isn't included in the link, so you didn't reach the work page you were to edit.
The complete link is https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Dem ... es_Brahms).
(One must be connected - logged in - to edit a page)
Click on 'Edit', just right of 'Original text and translations',
replace
"Line 1,
line 2,
etc."
by your text. Carriage returns from your text will be preserved.
(Just keep the two closing curly brackets at the end)
That's it!
JaredFischer

Post by JaredFischer »

Hi Claude, thank you for your response! I still don't have an "edit" button showing and I have tried multiple times and am definitely logged in. Am I restricted from editing for some reason?

Best,
Jared
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 10.55.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 11.00.17 PM.png
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Jared, it seems that you did not confirm your email address. Please login to the wiki, click on the "Preferences" label on the top-right side of the page, and check that you are a member of the group "emailconfirmed". If you aren't (as I expect), the same page provides a function to re-send the confirmation email to you. As the confirmation email contains a link that you should click in order to check that your email address is correct, some anti-spam systems consider the message as spam because most spam messages include links, too. So, please check your spam folder if you don't receive the confirmation email within some minutes.

When your email address is confirmed you obtain full user rights, which are required to submit editions as well as to perform some other actions.

Max
JaredFischer

Post by JaredFischer »

Thanks so much, that solved the problem!

Best,
Jared