AddWork Form

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
helene

AddWork Form

Post by helene »

I completed the add work form to introduce a new score "Or est Baiars - Voici Baiars" from composer Adam de la Halle. (A PDF and a midi audio-file for tenor). When all done, clicking on "add work data" returns an error message "unable to insert into table". I checked and re-checked, no quote anywhere, and still the same error.
Further, this "add work form" allows me to introduce a pdf and only one midi file, while I have uploaded three midi files, one for each voice of the score. So please help me, I don't know what to do next...(I followed all the instructions of your help file "Guide pour publier des partitions"). Thanks.
Claude_T

Re: AddWork Form

Post by Claude_T »

Hi, Helene,
Thanks for your contributions!
Files (one PDF and three MIDIs) are on our server but the corresponding work page isn't found.
Could you try again to create the page (no need to upload the files again)?
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Can someone figure out why the work is listed twice on the composer's page in two different sections?
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

I guess it's related with http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Temp ... eckMissing
This template, that should mention works missing in the works list, always generates "false positives".
Like it is suggested on the template's page above, one has to click on 'Edit', followed by 'Save changes'. :cry:
MAC089

Post by MAC089 »

I put up a new work https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Hea ... k_Chapman) on my own page, using the standard procedure, days ago, I have a spurious Check Missing message with the work listed in the correct place and in the message. Editing the page and saving doesn't fix the problem. The spelling, capitalization and URLs seem to be identical. Should I just delete the {{CheckMissing}} line?
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

MAC089 wrote: 26 Jan 2020 05:44 Should I just delete the {{CheckMissing}} line?
No, please don't. We need to investigate this issue. As a very important extension has been recently updated, and {{CheckMissing}} makes an extensive use of that extension, it is likely something requiring a fix in {{CheckMissing}}.

Max
BarryJ

Post by BarryJ »

{{CheckMissing}} has been changed to correct this problem. It does work, although often one has to wait for the server cache to refresh – several hours, usually.
Barry Johnston
Gunnison, U. S. A.
MAC089

Post by MAC089 »

It's happened again on the same page with a new entry. How many hours is "several"? Two hours didn't do the trick.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

MAC089 wrote: 31 Jan 2020 07:06 How many hours is "several"? Two hours didn't do the trick.
We use the MediaWiki software (the same software used by Wikipedia), and it makes use of a rather complex, multi-layered cache policy. I think that 12 hours may be a good estimate of the typical cache duration.

Your composer page seems OK now, however a major MediaWiki software update was made earlier today, so all cached pages were cleared.

Max
BarryJ

Post by BarryJ »

Max is correct, sometimes the cache does take a while.
I don't know what your normal procedure is for adding a new work, probably different from mine. but perhaps my experience (>1,700 scores) could be helpful.
Format the score just the way I want it, then save pdf, mid, mxl files on my computer. From the composer's page, click on "Add new work" and complete the AddWork form as usual. Finishing that brings me back to the composer page where CheckMissing already has a notice. Ignoring that, I go to the new work page. It takes me 10-15 minutes to edit that page and finish it up properly – making a new text page if necessary, adding my transcription files. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, for example if the text used is a Psalm paraphrase, to go to the Psalm page and enter my new work; or if I have to track down the text. So finally my new work is all done, the publication and source of text properly cited and so forth. From the new work page, click on composer. Usually by then the CheckMissing notice is gone; but if not Edit followed by Save clears that away most of the time.
Barry Johnston
Gunnison, U. S. A.