Other works not listed above with new works

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Hans1903

Other works not listed above with new works

Post by Hans1903 »

Hey,
I posted three new works. Now I get all three under and obove "Other works not listed above". The page concerning is https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Cornelius_Schuyt (Cornelius Schuyt).
How can I resolve this issue?

regards,
Hans
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Other works not listed above with new works

Post by choralia »

The MediaWiki software that we use implements a rather complex caching system. Getting the latest version of a page, showing its final contents, may require to clear various caching levels. Suggestions are provided on this page:

https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Tem ... eckMissing

In this case, further to solving the problem you reported, I've also corrected the spelling of two titles: "i" and "u" vowels with acute accent do not exist in Italian, only grave accent exists for them. I've corrected the titles accordingly. Maybe this was also a cause of the problem, depending on the UTF-8 coding alternative originally used for the vowels with diacritics, however I'm not sure.

Max
Hans1903

Post by Hans1903 »

Thanks for correcting the titels to proper Italian vowels. I did a "?action=purge". However if I do not login I still get the works above and under the line. When I login everything seems to work properly and I get the works only once displayed on the page.

Hans
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Hans1903 wrote: 02 Apr 2020 17:46 However if I do not login I still get the works above and under the line. When I login everything seems to work properly and I get the works only once displayed on the page.
CPDL's IT infrastructure architecture is quite specific. Our objective is to have low infrastructure costs because our budget is limited, and, at the same time, ensure that nothing is lost even in the case of major disasters (earthquake, flood, fire, etc.) because we estimate that the value of the scores on CPDL is huge, so we have the duty of safeguarding such an asset.

The IT architecture includes a main server (www.cpdl.org) that only manages logged-in users, and multiple mirrors (www0.cpdl.org, www1.cpdl.org, www2.cpdl.org, www3.cpdl.org) located far away one each other in different US states, which manage anonymous users (i.e., users that are not logged-in). Mirrors are aligned to the main server every day. So, any changes are done on the main server first, and then propagated to the mirrors some hours later.

The system automatically re-directs you to the main server or to a mirror depending on your login status. The corrections that I did yesterday on the main server will propagate to the mirrors today, typically between 8 and 9 GMT.

Max
Hans1903

Post by Hans1903 »

Thank you for the explanation. I do better understand the cpdl structure now.
regards,
Hans

and yes, it worked out properly on my phone this morning.