Deleting old works

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
elamrotem1

Deleting old works

Post by elamrotem1 »

Hello,
I would like to delete old and bad editions I uploaded 10 years ago.
Is there a way I can do that?
Thank you,
Elam
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Deleting old works

Post by choralia »

Many users may have downloaded your editions over the years, and we have to ensure that they can continue using them according to the copyright terms that were applicable at that time. As a consequence, editions are never actually deleted: they are archived, and we have to document the fact that such editions have been available on the CPDL website from a certain date to another date. This makes the edition withdrawal process a little bit special. If you can indicate which editions you intend to withdraw (all?), we will take care of processing them.

Max
elamrotem1

Post by elamrotem1 »

Thank you Max.
I would like to withdraw my entries of compositions by Alexander Agricola: Adieu m'amour I, Adieu m'amour II, and Et qui la dira.
If this is possible I would appreciate it very much!

Many Thanks,
Elam
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Hi Elam, I've withdrawn the three editions that you specified. It goes without saying that we would be happy to replace the withdrawn editions with new ones that you may wish to submit.

Max
elamrotem1

Post by elamrotem1 »

Thank you Max! I appreciate it very much.

Elam
Richard Mix

Post by Richard Mix »

Alternatively, If you only want to update the files you can simply replace them: go to File:Adieu mamour I - agricola.pdf (well, now deleted, but for future reference the page starting "File:" … and continuing as the filename linked from the work page as "Media:" …) and look for the blue "Upload a new version of this file" link.
Anselm

Post by Anselm »

I think I've got myself into a pickle. I've composed a version of Scarborough Fair, but couldn't navigate my way through the upload process, despite having done it once before (although that seems to have been as much by good luck as good management - I'm rubbish at computers generally). Is it possible to remove the present version of Scarborough Fair so that I can start again? Apologies for my technoclutziness.
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

1. Please go to https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Sca ... aditional). Click on 'Add new edition' at upper right part of the page.

2. The AddWork form opens. For each file you want to add, for example PDF and MXL (compressed MusicXML) ones, click on 'Upload now" button. A new tab is created in your browser with the 'Upload a file' page. Choose your file and click on 'Upload a file' at bottom.

3. Return to the AddWork form (tab on the left in your browser) for a second file to add, etc. Then don't forget to validate AddWork form, scrolling to bottom to click on 'Add works data' button.

Edition creation and insertion on work and composers pages are then automated.
Anselm

Post by Anselm »

Thanks, Claude T. My problem now is that I can submit the PDF from the AddWorkForm without a problem, but when I click the Upload buttons for the others - MIDI, MP3 and the music notation file (in MuseScore in this case), I get the following message in each case:
A file with this name exists already, if you continue you will overwrite it!
Please check File:Scarborough Fair.mid if you are not sure if you want to change it.
If you are not the original uploader of File:Scarborough Fair.mid, please
choose another name for your file in the box above.
When I then click the Upload file buttons anyway, I get the following warning:
A file with this name already exists, and cannot be overwritten. If you still want to upload your file, please go back and use a new name.
I can't figure out how to proceed beyond this point. As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any other files with those names.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

There were indeed files with the name that shouldn't be there!

The files File:Scarborough Fair.mid (and .sib and .pdf and .mp3 and .mxl) were originally uploaded for the composition by Philip Le Bas. But in 2019, he switched to hosting the files externally on a webpage of his own making, without deleting the files hosted at CPDL. I have now deleted these, since they are obsolete.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki