Uploading new edition

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
serlo

Uploading new edition

Post by serlo »

Could someone help by providing me with an idiot's guide to uploading a new edition for a piece already published in CPDL. I simply want to overwrite the old pdf version and upload a revision, together with an fresh mp3 file.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Bill
Claude_T

Re: Uploading new edition

Post by Claude_T »

0. A new edition is created, on an existing work page, by clicking on 'Add new edition' in the upper right part or the work page.

1. To overwrite an old version of a file by a new one, click on the white icon just right to the file icon.
On the file'spage that appear, click on 'Upload a new version of this file'

2. To add a new file to an already existing edition:
a. click on 'Upload a file', under 'Tools' in the left pane of any CPDL page.
b. create link to this file, copying and pasting the model from another file of the same line (of the work page).

Feel free to ask for more.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

This alternative may be easier to add a new file type to en existing CPDL edition:

2. To add a new file to an already existing edition:
a. click on 'Upload a file', under 'Tools' in the left pane of any CPDL page. After the file is uploaded, its associated "file page" is displayed;
b. click on the tab 'Add file to edition' (top-right side of the page);
c. enter the CPDL number of the existing edition and select the file type.

Max
kjaworski-bb

Post by kjaworski-bb »

I'm in a similar quandary, trying to upload a new revision of a score having noticed a final few typos slip through...

I'm familiar with the process of opening up the page to view file details (the white icon with the magnifying glass), yet for some reason, some pages don't display this icon for me, such as on https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/I_l ... tav_Holst)

For none of the entries do I see an icon that enables me to view the file details and upload a new edition where relevant.

Any ideas why this might be happening please?
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

The little white "file details" icon often does not display, most often after the page has been modified by a mass edit (typically from the ReplaceText facility). If you open such a page for editing and click "Preview" the icon will reappear in the preview pane, and you can go from there. Or you can make some minor edit (such as inserting as space right after the colon in {{#ExtWeb:}} (or delete a space if one is already there) - and after saving your edit, the "file details" icon should be there.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
Richard Mix

Post by Richard Mix »

I simply want to overwrite the old pdf version and upload a revision
The best way to do this is to find the filepage. There's no button yet for finding it from the workpage, but if you go to edit mode you'll see something like (for take for example https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Mei ... _Schumann))
[[Media:Meine_Rose_op._90_no._2_(Schumann)_-3b.pdf|{{pdf}}]]
and you can then navigate to [[File:Meine_Rose_op._90_no._2_(Schumann)_-3b.pdf]] (https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Fil ... n)_-3b.pdf), where you will spot the blue text "Upload a new version of this file" which can be clicked on. This way there is still a history, but you don't have to add a new edition to the workpage and delete the old.

Edit: after reading other posts, I see that the icon of a page with a magnifying glass, file:details, is just such a shortcut to the file page!