CologneBlue appearance breaks site

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
GSH

CologneBlue appearance breaks site

Post by GSH »

I was playing around with my account preferences, and changed my preferred site appearance to "CologneBlue". Upon saving my preferences and the page refreshing, I got an error page instead. Now whenever I try to access any page on cpdl when I am logged in, I immediately get the same error page. This means I can't access my preferences to change it back!

Could 1) an admin maybe reset my preferences so I can access my account, and 2) the CologneBlue option either be removed or repaired?

The content of the error page is as follows:

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [YVgVe48AtIlT3KSMshvVBQABkSQ] /wiki/index.php/Special:Preferences Error from line 60 of /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/CologneBlue/SkinCologneBlue.php: Call to undefined function wfSuppressWarnings()
Backtrace:
#0 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(129): CologneBlueTemplate->execute()
#1 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(144): SkinTemplate->generateHTML()
#2 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2622): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#3 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(947): OutputPage->output(boolean)
#4 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(960): MediaWiki->{closure}()
#5 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(543): MediaWiki->main()
#6 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(53): MediaWiki->run()
#7 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#8 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: [YVgVe48AtIlT3KSMshvVBQABkSQ] /wiki/index.php/Special:Preferences Error from line 60 of /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/CologneBlue/SkinCologneBlue.php: Call to undefined function wfSuppressWarnings()
Backtrace:
#0 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(129): CologneBlueTemplate->execute()
#1 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(144): SkinTemplate->generateHTML()
#2 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2622): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#3 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(153): OutputPage->output()
#4 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(65): MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(Error)
#5 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(106): MWExceptionRenderer::output(Error, integer)
#6 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(185): MWExceptionHandler::report(Error)
#7 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(579): MWExceptionHandler::handleException(Error, string)
#8 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(53): MediaWiki->run()
#9 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#10 {main}
choralia
Site Admin

Re: CologneBlue appearance breaks site

Post by choralia »

Apparently (see here) the Cologne Blue skin has been removed from the most recent bundles of the MediaWiki software. As a consequence, updated versions of the MediaWiki software do not automatically update this skin to match the core software. It is necessary to update this skin manually, at least until it remains supported. I guess that sooner or later it will be deprecated.

I've just manually updated the Cologne Blue skin, and it seems OK. Please try to access again.

Max
GSH

Re: CologneBlue appearance breaks site

Post by GSH »

Thanks choralia, problem solved. I've reverted my appearance preference to the default just in case.