I think I mastered it... could an admin please check #20957

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
sjrapid

I think I mastered it... could an admin please check #20957

Post by sjrapid »

I just added a new edition of Tallis' Loquebantur Variis Linguis - #20957

...and managed to edit the code generated by the add work form to include the filepath statement and the underscores in the filename, and it all seems to work.

Could a kindly admin please check #20957 and verify?

On a point of information, the add work/edition form suggests that the code should be:

Code: Select all

<snip>
*{{NewWork|2010-02-09}} '''CPDL #20957:''' [Loquebantur Variis Linguis.pdf {{pdf}}] [ {{mid}}] [Loquebantur Variis Linguis.pdf Sibelius 6]
<snip>
Whereas what I had to adjust it to in order to get it to work was:

Code: Select all

<snip>
*{{NewWork|2010-02-09}} '''CPDL #20957:''' [{{Filepath:Loquebantur_Variis_Linguis.pdf}} {{pdf}}] [{{Filepath:Loquebantur_Variis_Linguis.sib}} Sibelius 6]
<snip>
Perhaps it would be helpful if the form were to produce something closer to the correct code?

best regards
carlos
Site Admin

Re: I think I mastered it... could an admin please check #20957

Post by carlos »

Hi Steve, thanks for your new edition, you did everything fine. Just a tip for the next time: please always add a new edition above the existing ones, ok? By doing this they get more visibility.

With respect to the Add work form, it was created using a solution that is not very flexible; it always expects a URL for the file to be provided by the users, but sometimes the URL is not necessary, just the filename, as you already discovered. We're studying various alternatives to replace this form, hopefully soon!

Best regards
sjrapid

Post by sjrapid »

Thanks Carlos

I'll happily post new editions at the top of the list (it just seemed arrogant to grab top billing...) if that's the house style.

Looking at your edits, I guess the next thing I've got to suss out is all the voicing category tags

best regards
--
Steve
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your edition. It has been a long-term policy that multiple editions are listed most recent first, for a couple of reasons: (1) it does indeed give some prominence to the newer editions and their editors (which, like you, may be new to CPDL), and (2) more often than not (although not always!), newer editions tend to be somewhat better than older editions, eg. because of better engraving, more recent knowledge about a work (especially for early music) incorporated into a new edition.

Best wishes,

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

Hi, Steve,
Thanks for having published the files and done the whole work yourself. Between the PDF and the SIB files, there was some place for the MIDi file. If possible, would you create it from Sibelius, upload and link it? (I'm trying to do this work for the 1,500 PDF that don't have their MIDi brother;-)