Help in creating new composer pages

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Lbray

Help in creating new composer pages

Post by Lbray »

I have some 15th century Italian secular songs that I would like to add - the composers are not yet listed. I cannot seem to figure out how to add these composers and would appreciate some help doing so.
They are:
Nicolò Pifaro, Italian, c. 1470-c. 1530
Onofrio Antenoreo Padovano, Italian, c. 1470-c. 1530
Alessandro Mantovano, Italian, c. 1470-c. 1530
Antonio Caprioli, Italian, c. 1470-c. 1530
Alessandro Mantovano, Italian, c. 1470-c. 1530
Antonius Capreolus Brixiensis, Italian, c. 1470-c. 1530
Serafino dell'Aquila, Italian, 1466-1500

These composers' works are found in printed publications of Petrucci and Antico.

Many thanks!

Dan Smith
Carrboro, NC
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Help in creating new composer pages

Post by choralia »

Thank you for willing to submit new works, Dan!

The score submission guide, under "Adding a new composer page", provides step-by-step instructions, as well as a link to a template to create new composer pages. Did you find them? Please let us know if such instructions are not clear enough and you encounter any problems: obviously we can create the composer pages for you, however, if instructions on the score submission guide are not clear enough, we'd better improve them first, so that the improvements remain for all future users.

Max
cjshawcj

Post by cjshawcj »

You will first need to identify the correct and standard forms of the composers' names. The RISM directory http://www.hmt-leipzig.de/pdf/RISM_IndexB1.pdf will help elimniate the genitive forms and location details still included in your list. It will also establish a floreat period (in this case 1505-1510) which is perhaps more useful than guesses at both birth and death dates.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Dan,

Thank you for willing to contribute works by these composers; pages for them were created as requested. Note that #3 of your list is duplicated as #5; also Antonio Caprioli and Antonius Capreolus Brixiensis are most probably the same person.

If possible, please also provide the feedback requested by Max regarding the Score submission guide, so that we may improve it if necessary.
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
Lbray

Post by Lbray »

Thank you very much and I apologize for my duplications.

I got lost in the directions to create the pages on my own at the point where it said to enter the name in the search box on the left. I did not see that box (perhaps I was on the wrong page.)
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Lbray wrote:I got lost in the directions to create the pages on my own at the point where it said to enter the name in the search box on the left. I did not see that box (perhaps I was on the wrong page.)
You're totally right. The search box was located on the left until August 2012, when we adopted the MediaWiki version 1.19 that, in compliance with the so-called "Wikipedia Usability Initiative", has moved the search box on the top-right side of the page when the default skin (named "vector") is selected. I've updated the text of the score submission guide accordingly. Thank you for notifying us.

Max