Each composer a lyricist?

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
Nikolaus Hold

Each composer a lyricist?

Post by Nikolaus Hold »

Creating a new composer - automatically by uploading a new work via add work - I just noticed that the category Lyricist was automatically created. This was not my intention. It may have to do with the fact that a line {{LyricistSettingsList}} was generated automatically, without my intervention.

This problem exists at least since Sep 2022 (see e.g. Franz Worresch), but did not exist in May 2022 (see e.g. Traugott Maximilian Eberwein). For the normal case, where the composer is not a lyricist, it is rather irritating.
Nikolaus Hold

Re: Each composer a lyricist?

Post by Nikolaus Hold »

Addendum: Based on a test today, I can confirm that the Lyricist category disappears when {{LyricistSettingsList}} is deleted.

Due to the apparent change in the "add work" procedure (whoever asked for it), it seems that users are now obliged to delete this line for newly added composers, if they were not by chance also poets.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

When a new composer page is created, the "Add work" procedure just invokes the standard template that exists to create a new composer page, i.e., Template:New composer. The LyricistSettingsList template was added to it in July 2022 by BarryJ. I'm not sure about the pros and cons. I think we have to discuss this with BarryJ.

Max
BarryJ

Post by BarryJ »

You are correct, LyricistSettingsList should not appear on new composer pages, and I have removed it. Sorry for the delay.
Barry Johnston
Gunnison, U. S. A.