Withdrawing editions

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
Lewis Jones

Withdrawing editions

Post by Lewis Jones »

I hope this is the right place for this - apologies if not!

I wish to withdraw all of my editions, and wondered if anyone had advice with regards as to the best way of going about this? It's been years since I really posted on CPDL and I'm no longer really au fait with how the back-end works, so I don't want to wade in and make a mess of things until I really know what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated (and I know this might be somewhat disappointing!).

Lewis
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Withdrawing editions

Post by choralia »

The withdrawal of an edition published on CPDL has no practical effects: the copies already downloaded remain subject to the original license conditions, so they may be re-published everywhere (even on CPDL again) by anybody, as well as performed, recorded, etc., provided that the original license conditions are met (i.e., the editor/composer is credited, etc.). So, your editions can be withdrawn from the CPDL website, however nothing changes in practice as far as the actual use of the editions is concerned. Are you sure that it is worth the effort?

Max
Lewis Jones

Post by Lewis Jones »

I would like to go ahead with it please, yes - how do I go about this?

Lewis
Lewis Jones

Post by Lewis Jones »

Hello - any thoughts RE this? I'm guessing it's not simply a case of pasting {{All editions withdrawn}}?