Psalm legend

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
Nikolaus Hold

Psalm legend

Post by Nikolaus Hold »

For all Psalm pages, a table of contents appears, which is completely squashed to the left of the green number bar (concrete example: Psalm 23). There used to be a number block next to the table of contents, but it was not as wide. Couldn't the green number bar be displayed below the table of contents? Then the table of contents would have more space and would not need so many lines.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Psalm legend

Post by CHGiffen »

I've noticed this, too. Perhaps it would be better to reinstate the old Psalm table in place of the Psalm legend. The following code will work for Psalms 2 through 149 (leaving a redlink for << with Psalm 1 and a redlink for .. with Psalm 150 ... but those pages can be edited separately):

Code: Select all

{{Psalm table|{{#explode:{{PAGENAME}}| |1}}|{{#expr:{{#explode:{{PAGENAME}}| |1}}-1}}|{{#expr:{{#explode:{{PAGENAME}}| |1}}+1}}}}
for Psalm 1, the code {{Psalm table|1|1|2}} will work (without a redlink for << )
and for Psalm 150, the code {{Psalm table|150|149|150}} will work (without a redlink for >> )
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I have replaced the Psalm legend with the Psalm table, in accord with my suggestion. In addition to freeing up space for the Table of Contents box, the freedom to navigate from one Psalm to any of the other 149 Psalms seems much more preferable than only being to navigate to those Psalms numbered within just 10 of the current Psalm number
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
Nikolaus Hold

Post by Nikolaus Hold »

Problem solved. Thank you.