Mysterious behaviour of Add New Work

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
MandyShaw

Mysterious behaviour of Add New Work

Post by MandyShaw »

Hi
I've just started putting up a new batch of scores having not done so since February.
The Composer page entry that is auto-generated seems to have lost its automatic link to the score, I am having to add them all manually. The link against the edition on the Score page is fine.
Is there something new I should be doing?
Many thanks
Mandy
MandyShaw

Re: Mysterious behaviour of Add New Work

Post by MandyShaw »

P.S. I've just also spotted that a setting of a psalm (122) has automatically been listed on the relevant psalm page when I used the LinkText template, any other changes I should be taking into account? Thanks!
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

MandyShaw wrote:The Composer page entry that is auto-generated seems to have lost its automatic link to the score
This is intentional. Direct links to scores on the composer page are not recommended as they bypass the work page, preventing that information are duly provided about copyright conditions and credits to the editor, as required by the CPDL and CC licenses.

The absence of direct links also allows to automate the work list, at least for composer pages that are simple enough. See details here.

Max
MandyShaw

Post by MandyShaw »

Ah, OK Max, that does make sense (I must admit I never really understood what those links were doing there in the first place - I just assumed it was part of the standard setup). I won't bother to add them in future.
uptoncp

Post by uptoncp »

I'd just come in to report the same thing. Having found this thread, I've just gone and taken all the direct links off my own composer page.