Proposed reform of Orlando di Lasso page(s)

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
BarryJ

Proposed reform of Orlando di Lasso page(s)

Post by BarryJ »

I have been working for some time to try to put the works of Orlando di Lasso into order by publication date. I still have a little cleanup to do, but I want to present the idea. First is this page, which is an updated list of publications, already at the bottom of the composer page. Second is this page, a list of all Lasso works by publication. A third page (needed to make my system work) is this page, a category of publications in date order. There are still nineteen works uncategorized. All of this is in a data base on my computer, that I could supply in text form (zipped) if anyone wants it.

There are (at least) three possibilities:
  • Three different pages: (a) The current Orlando di Lasso page, without the table at the bottom; (b) My first page (list of publications), cited above (c) My second page (list of all works by publication date). Each would be linked to the others with explanations. (My third page would be retained, but not linked, because it's just needed to make my second page work.)
  • Two pages: (a) The current Orlando di Lasso page, with the table at bottom updated; (b) My second page.
  • Leave it as it is now.
I like the first possibility, because the pages are somewhat shorter.

This proposal would require those adding new works to specify what publication in which they first appeared, and list them on that publication's page. Not too difficult, given IMSLP's list. Adding a new publication is admittedly a little complex, requiring creating a new index number and adding the Category:Lasso publications|0000 to the publication page, where 0000 is the new index number. There may be a simpler way to do this, which would be welcomed.

What do you think?

Barry Johnston
Barry Johnston
Gunnison, U. S. A.
Richard Mix

Re: Proposed reform of Orlando di Lasso page(s)

Post by Richard Mix »

My own wish list would include sorting by number of voices and by lyricist in case I have 5 dinner guests all partial to Pierre de Ronsard (this can be more or less accomplished by multi category search). But I'll comment in the future at http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Talk ... o_di_Lasso
BarryJ

Re: Proposed reform of Orlando di Lasso page(s)

Post by BarryJ »

This discussion moved to Orlando di Lasso Talk Page.
Barry Johnston
Gunnison, U. S. A.