Source reference for the lyrics of Rore's Anchor che col partire? No reference found...

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
sunnishine

Source reference for the lyrics of Rore's Anchor che col partire? No reference found...

Post by sunnishine »

I need the original text (with the correct punctuation) of Rore's "Anchor che col partire", but there is no reference to the source used. How can I find it? The poem in the original musical sources do not include punctuation marks, but I believe the text on cpdl might be more correct than other versions I have found. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!
(Link: https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Anc ... o_de_Rore))

Sunniva
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Source reference for the lyrics of Rore's Anchor che col partire? No reference found...

Post by choralia »

This source provides the (supposedly) original text by Alfonso d’Avalos, however I really don't know whether it's accurate or not.

Max
sunnishine

Re: Source reference for the lyrics of Rore's Anchor che col partire? No reference found...

Post by sunnishine »

choralia wrote: 23 Oct 2021 16:34 This source provides the (supposedly) original text by Alfonso d’Avalos, however I really don't know whether it's accurate or not.

Max
Thank you, Max! Unfortunately I don't know if it is correct either.... what I am looking for is a version with correct punctuation marks, and I expect there to be at least one colon... In the version on cpdl, there are two colons, so I immagine this is the text version I am looking for, but I need source reference for my research. But thank you anyway for helping out!
Last edited by sunnishine on 26 Oct 2021 09:37, edited 1 time in total.