Request page - See what has already been requested

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
Brendan O'Connor

Re: Request page - See what has already been requested

Post by Brendan O'Connor »

Can anyone help me with the music for Chesnokov's setting of Gabriel Appeared please?

Brendan
Believer

Re:

Post by Believer »

IdZ wrote:
mjolnir wrote:So, what is the preferred procedure? If one has found a request in the requests forum, and filled it, how does one communicate that information to the Requests page in the WIKI?
I did it this way: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Requests:Evening_Service_in_F_%28Collegium_Regale%29_%28Charles_Wood%29 But I'm not sure it was the right way.

Or should one just delete a request which is filled - or leave this delete-action to the one who made the request? After a time the request page will be overcomplex if things are not deleted...?

As you'll see I experimentated a little bit in order to get the request over in the completed-section, but I gave up - it turned out to be too complicated...
Why dont just close the request so everybody can see it and the request is still there?!
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Thanks for checking in about this. Requests should not be deleted, but rather edited to show that their status is now Completed. If you encounter any questions doing so, please let us know.
Richard Mix

Post by Richard Mix »

There are a confusing number of outmoded templates and no instructions on the category pages, making it difficult to update requests: after trying http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Requ ... us_Mozart)
I'm tempted to give up.
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

I've replaced "Requested" by "Completed" and added "|volunteernotes =" and "|datecompleted =". Claude (talk) 06:59, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
Richard Mix

Post by Richard Mix »

I inadvertently started a new thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11806

Better to continue here, probably.

If we're going to encourage people to add contact information (or use the forum instead) I can easily add a note to ChoralWiki:Request a Score; I'm much to shy about editing Form:Request score though.