Post by johnhenryfowler »

see the page:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Requests

to see previous requests. You can also see if your requested score
has been completed.
mjolnir

Requested posts

Post by mjolnir »

So, what is the preferred procedure? If one has found a request in the requests forum, and filled it, how does one communicate that information to the Requests page in the WIKI?

Is there some way a 'bot could periodically traverse through the Requests forum, and transform the requests, or perhaps those over a certain age, to a requests page? Or am I the only one to think this might be a good idea?

ns
IdZ

Post by IdZ »

mjolnir wrote:So, what is the preferred procedure? If one has found a request in the requests forum, and filled it, how does one communicate that information to the Requests page in the WIKI?
I did it this way: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Requ ... es_Wood%29 But I'm not sure it was the right way.

Or should one just delete a request which is filled - or leave this delete-action to the one who made the request? After a time the request page will be overcomplex if things are not deleted...?

As you'll see I experimentated a little bit in order to get the request over in the completed-section, but I gave up - it turned out to be too complicated...
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

You can make an individual request page 'completed' or 'pending' by changing all the word 'requested' at the top of the page eg:

{{Request|Evening Service in F (Collegium Regale)|Charles|Wood|2004-10-08|Requested}}

to Pending or Completed:

{{Request|Evening Service in F (Collegium Regale)|Charles|Wood|2004-10-08|Completed}}

Here is an example of a request that is pending (one of mine):

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Requ ... Stainer%29

I have simply added a line break, added my name as the volunteer and changed the info at the top to 'pending'.

A completed request page shows more info, eg:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Requ ... tanford%29

here I have also added the date completed and a link to the score page, as well as the volunteer line. Notice that the at the top of the page it says 'completed'.

I hope that I've explained all this (if in a rather convoluted way!)

Robert
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
IdZ

Post by IdZ »

Thank you, Robert, everything is clear!

But, nevertheless, in this way (= without deleting items), the requested page will be enormous as time goes by.

Iman de Zwarte
peftypefty

Making "how to fulfill requests" obvious to the us

Post by peftypefty »

I agree with mjolnir -- each request page should provide a natural interface (e.g., a "button") for marking the request fulfilled. Or, at least, a "Want to fulfill this request?" link that brings up a pop-up window with explicit instructions on how to mark the request fulfilled.
Pieter

Re: Request page - See what has already been requested

Post by Pieter »

hello to all,

i'm desperately seeking to find "des pas dans l'allee'' by Camille saint-saëns...i know it has been requested already, but what if i requested it once more, just to remind people that i'm looking for this piece?

or would i just have to be patient (and yes, maybe just order it at di-arezzo and wait for them to send it to me, which takes ages...)

Pieter
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

If by requesting it on CPDL once more you mean to create a separate request, please do not do that. However, it is good to edit the existing request to indicate that you also are requesting it and the date. But if a request has been outstanding for a long time and someone has not created an edition, then you'll probably want to look to other sources if you need the piece on any particular timeline.
GehrenbR

transposed versions of David Fraser's Byrd motets

Post by GehrenbR »

I would like to obtain transposed versions of two Byrd motets edited by David Fraser:

Spiritus Domini, Cpdl #5217, transposed up a major 2nd from the original key (new starting note = A)

Factus est repente, Cpdl #5233, transposed up a minor 2nd from the original key (new starting note = Eb)

If the original source files are in Finale or Sibelius, those files would do in lieu of the transpositions themselves.

Many thanks to David Fraser for these excellent editions!

Robert Gehrenbeck
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hallo Robert, I just wrote a note to David to let him know about your request:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/User ... sed_scores
DaveF
Site Admin

Post by DaveF »

Robert,

Sibelius 4 source files of both pieces have now been posted.

DF
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

Hi, I'd like a three voices chanson by Gilles Binchois, a wonderful song ideed to which I'm getting addicted :
Amours mercy
You can find it on YouTube and thus understand why I'd like so much this score, it's a pure gem !
GehrenbR

Re: David Fraser's Byrd scores

Post by GehrenbR »

Many thanks to David Fraser for posting transposable Sibelius source files of his Byrd motets.

Robert Gehrenbeck
DaveF
Site Admin

Re: Request page - Binchois

Post by DaveF »

Alain,

I've looked for any source of Amours mercy without success - it's not in any of the chansonniers or compilations at IMSLP. It's published in Die Chansons von Gilles Binchois, ed. Wolfgang Rehm (Schott, 1957). Since Rehm seems to be still alive (he's one of the main men on the Neue-Mozart-Ausgabe), I doubt whether his Binchois edition will be in the public domain any time soon. Perhaps you can borrow a copy from somewhere? Or, if you have more success in searching Gallica then me, perhaps you can find an electronic version of the original MS in the Bibliothèque Nationale.

Regards,
DF
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

Dave, thanks ! I had searched before posting, and still more thoroughly this evening after having read you, without success either (including gallica).
There are a lot of books or articles about Binchois's chansons, but no mention of this title.
Indeed Rehm seems to be the reference, but I can't find his book even by looking at Schott ; BTW, it might be rather expensive, I presume.

I'll nevertheless post a question in the newsgroup rec.music.early, who knows ; at least I'll have the pleasure to read experts saying "we don't know" - I'm joking :-)

For those who have found the song on Youtube, don't you think it's really beautiful ?
(I thought I wouldn't post the link here, since the song is taken from a CD by "Ensemble Gilles Binchois" - this said, I must say I have bought several CDs and DVDs after having listened to illegal tracks on Youtube...)