Brian Russell's site needs updating

CPDL topics that don't fit in the other categories
carlos
Site Admin

Brian Russell's site needs updating

Post by carlos »

I was checking the various editions of Juan Vásquez compositions to see if they were from the Cancionero de Upsala (1556) or from the "Recopilación de Sonetos y Villancicos" (1560), and I noticed that all files on Brian Russell's page on Vásquez are in a wrong sequence, and don't match the titles in the list. Do any of you who have known him have access to his site or could perhaps speak to his wife? If we can't find a way to update this page, a workaround could be to deep-link these files from Russell's editions at CPDL.

The page in question is this: http://www.xprt.net/~vox/Music/Vasquez.html
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Brian Russell's site needs updating

Post by choralia »

Hi Carlos,

I don't know who may have access to Brian's website. However, if you google with the Brian's wife name, her e-mail address is easily found. You may perhaps contact her. I'm pretty sure she would be happy if we take care of Brian's generous contribution to CPDL.

Max
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Max, thanks for your tip on writing Brian's wife. In fact I prefer not to do this myself, for a couple of reasons: I believe that this may be still a sensitive matter for her, and I'm afraid to use the wrong wording and perhaps be unpolite with her (my English is not that good for social contacts). Besides that, she would probably feel more comfortable speaking and granting website access to someone who already knew Brian well.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

The problem is now fixed on Brian's mirror website at CPDL:

http://www.cpdl.org/brianrussell/Vasquez.html