Basic instinct

CPDL topics that don't fit in the other categories
cjshawcj

Basic instinct

Post by cjshawcj »

I have been browsing through a copious compilation of Italian motets (305 items),** wondering what next to edit.

I have considered pieces by Gregorio Zucchini, Giovanni Battista Gnocchi and Andrea Saladdi. Will I feel as keen about these composers when I have had my overdue luncheon?

** Promptuarii musici, 1611-1613 is a goldmine of Italian motets available at IMSLP Petrucci, but it has been uploaded in an unfortunately slipshod manner, with quite a few individual parts gone A.W.O.L. A complete download is available from the originating library (more recommended):

http://www.kb.dk/da/nb/samling/ma/digmu ... daeus.html
DaveF
Site Admin

Re: Basic instinct

Post by DaveF »

Thank you for the heads-up regarding that, er, feast of music. Somewhere recently on this forum there was a request from someone wanting food-related music, so I hope he's also reading this.

One good feature of the IMSLP uploads is that the uploader has split off the index, so that you can see what the contents are before jumping in to download 1.5Gb of stuff from the Kongelige Bibliotek - and what a tempting list of contents: everybody from such relatively ancient figures as Hans Leo Hassler, Palestrina and Philippe de Monte to those up-to-the-minute edible Italians, all washed down with a glass of Perini. There's even a rare sacred work by Marenzio. Great stuff!

DF