Gmail address misunderstood

Primarily for posting announcements and important information for users, new and old
David Cameron

Gmail address misunderstood

Post by David Cameron »

Note the date of the following: I've just had submissions refused because the robot claimed that <charles.david.cameron@gmail.com> is not a valid email address. But it is--I've had it for seven years! Thanks for help David Cameron (talk) 19:30, 18 May 2018 (UTC)

Today, May 20, 2021, I have again been refused permission to upload a score, with the same reason given.

The only difference is that this has been my busy email address for ten years now. Help would be much appreciated.~~~~
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Gmail address misunderstood

Post by choralia »

Hi David, your email address is accepted. You can check it yourself: simulate a new submission without entering one or more mandatory fields (for example, without entering any files, or the editor name, etc.), and enter your email address where required. When you click the submission button the system will reject the submission as some fields are missing, and will provide to you the list of missing or incorrect fields. If your email address is not listed, this means that it was acceptable. I tried, and it was OK.

Email addresses are validated using a standard php function described here. When entering your email address please check that it does not contain any spaces or other spurious characters. This is the most likely reason why it was not accepted.

Max