How can I correct a song title?

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
Evatoller

How can I correct a song title?

Post by Evatoller »

I detected a misspelled title for one of my own compositions ("Höstens blecka sjö", on https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Eva_Toller ). I want to change it to "Höstens bleka sjö" but it seems there is no (simple) way I can do it with Wiki. When I opened the specific page for this song, the title wasn't editable.

Greetings, Eva
(I am not really a new member but haven't been active on CPDL for the last fifteen years, give or take a few)
Eva Toller
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: How can I correct a song title?

Post by CHGiffen »

Welcome back, Eva! Your contributions to CPDL are a treasure, for sure!

You can't change a page's title directly. What you need to do is to click on the "More" tab near the top of the page and select "Move" ... this allows you to move the page to a new title. You will have the choice to "leave a redirect" (from the old titled page to the newly titled page). If you have already changed the link on your composer page to the new title, you can choose not to leave a redirect; otherwise, you can leave a redirect and then later the redirect from the old title can be removed. I hope this helps. Again, welcome back and thank you for all your contributions! Stay safe & healthy in this pandemic era. If you have any other questions or need help, just let me know.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
Evatoller

Post by Evatoller »

Thank you! I WILL try to do this myself, first. :-)

Sincerely, Eva
Eva Toller
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Eva! Just noticed that the title was still misspelt, so I renamed it for you.

All the best,
Evatoller

Post by Evatoller »

Thank you very much, Carlos!
Eva Toller