Salutations!

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
kjetil

Post by kjetil »

Welcome 8)
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Hello and welcome. Good to have you on board, Danny. In my book, listening to classical music is certainly not odd, even for people in their teens.

I submit works to CPDL but I guess I spend more time correcting the score and composer pages (which anyone can do as this is a Wiki!). Check out the score I submitted today :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: "Ponder my Words" by Thomas Attwood Walmisley.

If you've got any questions just shout and someone will try to answer!

Rob
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
pml
Site Admin

Post by pml »

Hello!

notating in Finale can be a fairly involved task, I wish you well!

Hopefully you've looked around and noticed that there are a few requests for specific Vivaldi works to be edited, so that any new works you might contribute would be gratefully received: in particular, the solo motet Nulla in mundo pax sincera, and certain of the psalms and Magnificat settings (Lætatus sum and Beatus vir - one of the two other settings that has not been looked at).

There is also an alarmingly large amount of neglected secular music, which I for one would prefer to hear more often than the nth repetition of the RV589 Gloria (and which as you'd have guessed, has been edited more than once)!

Regards, Philip
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Welcome Danny! I know that Finale PrintMusic can be a bit daunting (especially at first) and that it is somewhat limited in its features (compared to the full-fledged version of Finale), but once one gets a bit further up the learning curve, it becomes easier to use. I'm not sure if the PrintMusic edition allows MIDI input of notes. If not, maybe someday you will be able to upgrade to the full fledged version and use a MIDI keyboard to make note entry much easier. All of my scores at CPDL have been engraved with Finale, and some of the best of these editions include:

Sancta Maria (Thomas Crequillon) (two different motets for 5 voices from the same source)

Lugebat David Absalon (Nicolas Gombert) (two-part motet for 8-part mens chorus)

Gaude gloriosa Dei Mater (Thomas Tallis) (huge scale SATTBB Marian antiphon)

Dont vient cela (Thomas Crequillon) (5 voice chanson whose Quintus part is a "riddle canon" of the Superius part, pitched a diatonic step lower)

Again, welcome!

chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki