Signing up for the Choral Wiki Score Submissions

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
casta947

Signing up for the Choral Wiki Score Submissions

Post by casta947 »

Hello All!
I am finding the Choral Public Domain Library to be of great resource for finding choral pieces. Unfortunately, I know a few choral pieces that have no name associated with the lyrics. I have been trying to find ways to have someone out there identify the tune and part of the lyrics.
I tried signing up for the CPDL main page using my Wikipedia credentials, but that was unsuccessful. The CAPTCHA appears to be inaccessible and I have been vainly trying to find a means to contact an administrator. Finally I came here to see if I could find answers concerning the submissions and find answers to unidentified choral pieces.
Website: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5550379/alfredo_site/index.htm
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Signing up for the Choral Wiki Score Submissions

Post by CHGiffen »

Welcome!

First of all, it's no wonder that your Wikipedia credentials didn't work at ChoralWiki: CPDL and its ChoralWiki website are not affiliated with Wikipedia. You have to Register separately at CPDL's ChoralWiki site and also at these CPDL Forums. Once you have registered, you have access to all of the features of the ChoralWiki (except those available only to administrators).

If you know the lyrics to a piece, you can search on the first few words of the lyrics and may (or may not) find the piece you want at CPDL.

But the first thing is to register and log in both at the ChoralWiki and here at the Forums (separate registration required).

Good luck!
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Alfredo,

I just visited your website; congratulations for your music productions! I've learned about your visual impairment; unfortunately CPDL's current CAPTCHA system may not work very well with automated screen readers, presenting you an extra difficulty to register. The good news is that here in the forums is the best place for you to find the answers to your musical doubts. I took the liberty to paste here the links for the two works you're looking for information about, hope it helps:
Alfredo wrote:These are made by a program called VocalWriter. Help! I cannot tell what the following songs are! I need someone to help me identify the tunes below.
1) Something about Omega, Beta, Chi
2) The Open Gifts
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

I think I have identified the second song, it's by Hugh Emerson (music and lyrics): http://www.emersonguys.com/hugh/y/depressed.html#2
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

I've heard of a tune dictionary but never used one. Can someone say something about the extent to which they might be useful for this type of task and how someone looks things up in them?
casta947

Post by casta947 »

I tried the link you gave me, but it does not seem to be working. Nothing plays when I click on the link.
Also, in the instruments list of my productions page, I added a section called Unidentified. I tried looking up these melodies on Musipedia, with Melodic Contour search, but that was unsuccessful.
The first song in the list of unidentified is something about hot cakes giving people indigestion, the other is about Johnny Cake, La Fiesta, and then there are others, and a link to the original YouTube Video. What I would like to know is who wrote it, and where can they be found at?
Can you explain this tune dictionary to me? I could not find any information about this.
carlos wrote:I think I have identified the second song, it's by Hugh Emerson (music and lyrics): http://www.emersonguys.com/hugh/y/depressed.html#2
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

casta947 wrote:I tried the link you gave me, but it does not seem to be working. Nothing plays when I click on the link.
Yes, I couldn't find any audio either; that page has only the credits and lyrics to the song.