Problems adding scores

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
Martin Fillion

Problems adding scores

Post by Martin Fillion »

HI everyone!
For years, I have been programming music for choirs. I produce pdf, midi and mp3 for rehearsal. To avoid loosing it, adding them on Choral Wiki would be safer and would make them available to a larger audience. I have been trying to use the form with some difficulties. Is there another way to add them "in a bunch"? Or do I have to fill it up for each one? Also, not at ease with "URL".... Please, help!
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Problems adding scores

Post by choralia »

Thank you for willing to contribute to ChoralWiki!

Uploading an edition implies entering information about the genre/subgenre, the voicing, the orchestration, etc., which allow users to search pieces having certain characteristics. Such information depend on the specific piece, so the process is inherently more complex than just uploading a bunch of files.

I'd strongly suggest to use the Automated add score process, which is significantly easier than the manual process, and it does not require to enter URLs and other details. I programmed this process when a user asked me to upload several dozen editions on her behalf, so i tried to make it as simple and fast as possible, without losing any information foreseen by the manual process.

Max
Martin Fillion

Re: Problems adding scores

Post by Martin Fillion »

I really appreciate the time you took to answer my request. The main problem was URL. Let me try the "how-to" you made!